Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Final Week...


Well as the training for the marathon comes to a close, our group prepares to hon in on the best eating habits this week. Lots of water and protein, minimal running, prayer, cross training, charging ipods and downloading power tunes, buying goo and avoiding injury. We have a babysitter to watch the kids while we run, which is HUGE... as our ENTIRE family unit other than ourselves will be out of town for my cousin's graduation at UK. I hate that we can't go, but the race is paid for and trained for and we gotta run it. Hopefully if all goes well and we stay free of injury we will run the Columbus Marathon in the fall and bed down for the winer.

I also did a VERY BAD THING yesterday and planted flowers in the yard. That is sure to bring on a frost... As I watched the news tonight, sure enough, in the 30's again. I jinxed the whole tristate by planting petunias. For those of you who don't know this, it is bad to plant flowers before Mother's Day. But, they looked so lovely and fresh, green and bright, I just had to. Now, I have to cover them up. Having lived in Florida almost my entire life, there were no superstitions or quams about planting all year round. I lost my head. What can I say?

One shop update... I have some guest designers in the works, so stay tuned for some real life pages with goodies from the shop!

Have a great week!

No comments: