Thursday, August 30, 2007

Her First Day!






So, I totally thought I was prepared when I shipped her off to school. Wrongo. She was apprehensive, yet eager to go. When I saw the tiny tear come down her face, I knew she was scared and hated that. My girl is so strong and to see her cry, broke me. As I hugged her, i choked back tears and said, "It will be alright darlin', I'll see you soon". Mrs. Van shuffled them away, book bags hanging and feet dragging. All of them turning back to their mommies, and waving. Little people.




I turned on my heel and walked away. I pushed open the school doors and let the tears flow. Just a few. They stopped soon, as I realized that I had the afternoon free. Not too bad a first day.




As she got off the bus, she was excited to tell me about her day and then I felt even better.




This could really work.



No comments: